10 Things I want my son to learn before he turns thirteen
My son is too far from teenager, as of writing he just turned one and I do not want to push the fast-forward button just yet!
But I know time flies, in just blink of an eye he will be a teenager and that’s before I know it! By the time it happens, as mom I have to set clear goals in mind. He needs to learn these things and to choose the right path.
Here, I list down the things I want him to learn before he reach this age.
- Seek God: above everything else! Choose Papa Jesus,. pray ask His forgiveness, always keep the faith!
- Learn the importance of family – make time for daddy, mommy and siblings, find time with family.
- Be Kind – and the rest will follow, respectful, polite and humility.. etc.. reach out to your neighbors, your friends. Help people who needs help and think other people as well. Be humble.
- Learn to control yourself: temptation is everywhere! Girls, vices, bad influences. Teen-ager are typically happy-go-lucky. They do not know what will be the consequences of their behavior. Hopefully I can instill this as one of your main behavior.
- Learn to accept and let go of failures: these will come along the way. Be sport. Just keep trying and get up from where you get stuck! And say charge it to experience.
- Money is not everything – they say the earlier you start teaching a child about money the better off he will be. So yes! financial responsibility is the sixth!
- Technology: so many risks inside the online world. hopefully I can teach him to limit its use and learn more from books.
- Build up confidence: but not too confident son!
- Lean to take care and be responsible for yourself. – independent, you can cook for yourself, you can do the laundry and iron your clothes. Those small stuffs for yourself 🙂
- Learn to wait basically do not rush! specially with love 🙂 It will happen in God’s perfect time!
I am not expecting him to learn all those things perfectly! This list will serve as my guide for myself. After all, as his moms I am one of his main contributor, whatever he will become by that age!
And for the meantime let me enjoy this little age and fulfill our bucketlist.